Rappers record thousands of songs throughout their career, leaving only the very few selected to be mixtape and album material. For whatever reason they don’t make the cut, it’s a shame that true fans sometimes miss out on great tunes. However, thanks to Masspike Miles’ new mixtape, Watch for the Hook Vol. 1, listeners get the chance to hear a Nottz-produced banger of a Love Story from Joell Ortiz. Starting off with what sounds like a jazz guitar, Nottz’ loop comes accompanied by mellowed chords that set a nice tone. Miles slides right in to move the song a long with a simple yet catchy hook, further proving that when a smooth voice is added to a smooth instrumental, it’s almost impossible to mess up. Which means Ortiz’ flow throughout the soulful cut is something he couldn’t ruin even if he tried. While most of America goes through one of the worst heat waves we’ve had in awhile, it’s good to hear a cool love jam to cool us off.
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.