If Joell Ortiz keeps up his current frenzied pace we’ll be talking about the Brooklyn heavyweight’s 2010 like we do Lil Wayne’s 2008, when Weezy dropped approximately 7,000 tracks. In addition to his work with Slaughterhouse, two solo mixtapes, an upcoming joint mixtape with Novel (see Stressful for more) and a highly-anticipated sophomore album, Ortiz has been flooding the net with dope new music like Line Em Up seemingly on the daily. Ortiz can certainly flash a sense of humor, but on Line Em Up he takes a decidedly more intimidating approach, dropping powerhouse lines over a militaristically dark beat from Frank Dukes. Joining Ortiz on the track is Bronx bomber Cory Gunz, who trades off lines with Ortiz without hesitation, creating a double-jointed flow that’s simultaneously concrete hard and complexly metaphoric. Line Em Up isn’t currently attached to any project, but those hungry for more from Ortiz won’t have to wait long - just keep it locked to DJBooth.net and we’ll keep feeding you new music.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)