If Joell Ortiz keeps up his current frenzied pace we’ll be talking about the Brooklyn heavyweight’s 2010 like we do Lil Wayne’s 2008, when Weezy dropped approximately 7,000 tracks. In addition to his work with Slaughterhouse, two solo mixtapes, an upcoming joint mixtape with Novel (see Stressful for more) and a highly-anticipated sophomore album, Ortiz has been flooding the net with dope new music like Line Em Up seemingly on the daily. Ortiz can certainly flash a sense of humor, but on Line Em Up he takes a decidedly more intimidating approach, dropping powerhouse lines over a militaristically dark beat from Frank Dukes. Joining Ortiz on the track is Bronx bomber Cory Gunz, who trades off lines with Ortiz without hesitation, creating a double-jointed flow that’s simultaneously concrete hard and complexly metaphoric. Line Em Up isn’t currently attached to any project, but those hungry for more from Ortiz won’t have to wait long - just keep it locked to DJBooth.net and we’ll keep feeding you new music.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.