Coming off of the critical acclaim he received for The Brick: Bodega Chronicles and ready to start his Aftermath career, Joell Ortiz just wants to have a Lil’ Fun. Like most rappers about to get ‘that money,’ Joell makes it known that he’s into all the expensive stuff; from big houses to exotic vacations. Unlike most, however, he also wants to share the wealth with his community, buying new computers for his old junior high, as well as a new tombstone for his late homie. Hookman Novel and beat makers Major League help further Lil’ Fun‘s back home appeal, actually making it sound like something a listener can relate to; a rarity for big-spender tracks.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.