Coming off of the critical acclaim he received for The Brick: Bodega Chronicles and ready to start his Aftermath career, Joell Ortiz just wants to have a Lil’ Fun. Like most rappers about to get ‘that money,’ Joell makes it known that he’s into all the expensive stuff; from big houses to exotic vacations. Unlike most, however, he also wants to share the wealth with his community, buying new computers for his old junior high, as well as a new tombstone for his late homie. Hookman Novel and beat makers Major League help further Lil’ Fun‘s back home appeal, actually making it sound like something a listener can relate to; a rarity for big-spender tracks.
Listen to More: Joell Ortiz
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.