Coming off of the critical acclaim he received for The Brick: Bodega Chronicles and ready to start his Aftermath career, Joell Ortiz just wants to have a Lil’ Fun. Like most rappers about to get ‘that money,’ Joell makes it known that he’s into all the expensive stuff; from big houses to exotic vacations. Unlike most, however, he also wants to share the wealth with his community, buying new computers for his old junior high, as well as a new tombstone for his late homie. Hookman Novel and beat makers Major League help further Lil’ Fun‘s back home appeal, actually making it sound like something a listener can relate to; a rarity for big-spender tracks.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.