Coming off of the critical acclaim he received for The Brick: Bodega Chronicles and ready to start his Aftermath career, Joell Ortiz just wants to have a Lil’ Fun. Like most rappers about to get ‘that money,’ Joell makes it known that he’s into all the expensive stuff; from big houses to exotic vacations. Unlike most, however, he also wants to share the wealth with his community, buying new computers for his old junior high, as well as a new tombstone for his late homie. Hookman Novel and beat makers Major League help further Lil’ Fun‘s back home appeal, actually making it sound like something a listener can relate to; a rarity for big-spender tracks.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.