Coming off of the critical acclaim he received for The Brick: Bodega Chronicles and ready to start his Aftermath career, Joell Ortiz just wants to have a Lil’ Fun. Like most rappers about to get ‘that money,’ Joell makes it known that he’s into all the expensive stuff; from big houses to exotic vacations. Unlike most, however, he also wants to share the wealth with his community, buying new computers for his old junior high, as well as a new tombstone for his late homie. Hookman Novel and beat makers Major League help further Lil’ Fun‘s back home appeal, actually making it sound like something a listener can relate to; a rarity for big-spender tracks.
Written by Burmy on 10/8/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.