If you’re looking for rhymes about the glamorous life, Joell Ortiz might not be for you. Determined to establish himself as a serious artist, Ortiz asserts that not everyone does what he calls “bubblegum rapping.” Channeling a chill, classic vibe in his ode to the genre, Hip-Hop, this track sounds almost nostalgic, with quick rhymes over a piano melody. Look for more from Ortiz on his Koch Records mixtape The Brick (Bodega Chronicles), out next month.
Written by Beeb on 03/21/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip-Hop (Remix) ft. Jadakiss & Saigon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.