If you’re looking for rhymes about the glamorous life, Joell Ortiz might not be for you. Determined to establish himself as a serious artist, Ortiz asserts that not everyone does what he calls “bubblegum rapping.” Channeling a chill, classic vibe in his ode to the genre, Hip-Hop, this track sounds almost nostalgic, with quick rhymes over a piano melody. Look for more from Ortiz on his Koch Records mixtape The Brick (Bodega Chronicles), out next month.
Listen to More: Joell Ortiz
Written by Beeb on 03/21/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip-Hop (Remix) ft. Jadakiss & Saigon" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)