When a well-known recording artist chooses to leave his or her major-label home, it’s a sure thing that that the subject will arise in every interview for months afterward. Such was has been the case for Joell Ortiz since his departure from Aftermath, and on a remixed cut off his forthcoming PreAgent Mixtape he asks everyone to Move On and focus on the music. The other three-fourths of newly-formed supergroup Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9, and Crooked I), chime in on this version of the cut, echoing Ortiz’s wishes to leave all that “Shady sh*t” behind. Though this remix clocks in at a whopping eight minutes, it doesn’t drag as much as you’d expect, thanks in large part to The Kickdrums’ supremely catchy, sample-driven beat. PreAgent will be available soon, and, if all goes well, Ortiz’s sophomore LP, Free Agent, won’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.