When a well-known recording artist chooses to leave his or her major-label home, it’s a sure thing that that the subject will arise in every interview for months afterward. Such was has been the case for Joell Ortiz since his departure from Aftermath, and on a remixed cut off his forthcoming PreAgent Mixtape he asks everyone to Move On and focus on the music. The other three-fourths of newly-formed supergroup Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9, and Crooked I), chime in on this version of the cut, echoing Ortiz’s wishes to leave all that “Shady sh*t” behind. Though this remix clocks in at a whopping eight minutes, it doesn’t drag as much as you’d expect, thanks in large part to The Kickdrums’ supremely catchy, sample-driven beat. PreAgent will be available soon, and, if all goes well, Ortiz’s sophomore LP, Free Agent, won’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.