When a well-known recording artist chooses to leave his or her major-label home, it’s a sure thing that that the subject will arise in every interview for months afterward. Such was has been the case for Joell Ortiz since his departure from Aftermath, and on a remixed cut off his forthcoming PreAgent Mixtape he asks everyone to Move On and focus on the music. The other three-fourths of newly-formed supergroup Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9, and Crooked I), chime in on this version of the cut, echoing Ortiz’s wishes to leave all that “Shady sh*t” behind. Though this remix clocks in at a whopping eight minutes, it doesn’t drag as much as you’d expect, thanks in large part to The Kickdrums’ supremely catchy, sample-driven beat. PreAgent will be available soon, and, if all goes well, Ortiz’s sophomore LP, Free Agent, won’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.