When a well-known recording artist chooses to leave his or her major-label home, it’s a sure thing that that the subject will arise in every interview for months afterward. Such was has been the case for Joell Ortiz since his departure from Aftermath, and on a remixed cut off his forthcoming PreAgent Mixtape he asks everyone to Move On and focus on the music. The other three-fourths of newly-formed supergroup Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9, and Crooked I), chime in on this version of the cut, echoing Ortiz’s wishes to leave all that “Shady sh*t” behind. Though this remix clocks in at a whopping eight minutes, it doesn’t drag as much as you’d expect, thanks in large part to The Kickdrums’ supremely catchy, sample-driven beat. PreAgent will be available soon, and, if all goes well, Ortiz’s sophomore LP, Free Agent, won’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.