After Joell Ortiz’s team at Aftermath failed to secure a victory for his very dope debut album The Brick: Bodega Chronicles, the Brooklyn born lyrical bomber decided to strike out on his own and test the free agent waters. After teaming up with other lyrically devastating peers to form Slaughterhouse, Ortiz is back with his new single Call Me. Originally leaked back in January, Call Me is now fully official, complete with throwback production and vocals from Booth favorite Novel for Ortiz to spit his back-in-the-day flows over: “She had the gold hoops with her name on em, I had the Coliseum fronts with the fangs on em.” Damn that brings me back. Will Ortiz finally find the solo success he’s been looking for when his upcoming album Free Agent drops? If Call Me is any indication, free agency was a very good move.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.