After Joell Ortiz’s team at Aftermath failed to secure a victory for his very dope debut album The Brick: Bodega Chronicles, the Brooklyn born lyrical bomber decided to strike out on his own and test the free agent waters. After teaming up with other lyrically devastating peers to form Slaughterhouse, Ortiz is back with his new single Call Me. Originally leaked back in January, Call Me is now fully official, complete with throwback production and vocals from Booth favorite Novel for Ortiz to spit his back-in-the-day flows over: “She had the gold hoops with her name on em, I had the Coliseum fronts with the fangs on em.” Damn that brings me back. Will Ortiz finally find the solo success he’s been looking for when his upcoming album Free Agent drops? If Call Me is any indication, free agency was a very good move.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)