After Joell Ortiz’s team at Aftermath failed to secure a victory for his very dope debut album The Brick: Bodega Chronicles, the Brooklyn born lyrical bomber decided to strike out on his own and test the free agent waters. After teaming up with other lyrically devastating peers to form Slaughterhouse, Ortiz is back with his new single Call Me. Originally leaked back in January, Call Me is now fully official, complete with throwback production and vocals from Booth favorite Novel for Ortiz to spit his back-in-the-day flows over: “She had the gold hoops with her name on em, I had the Coliseum fronts with the fangs on em.” Damn that brings me back. Will Ortiz finally find the solo success he’s been looking for when his upcoming album Free Agent drops? If Call Me is any indication, free agency was a very good move.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.