Ever since his release from Aftermath/Interscope, Joell Ortiz has worn his “Free Agent” status proudly, both as a sign of self-sufficiency and a call for labels better able to handle him. For now, the Brooklynite is planning to release his sophomore album (also called Free Agent) on E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records, the label by which he released his critically-acclaimed debut). Though the title of his new single, Bout My Money, might worry longtime fans, Joell explains in the intro that “this is… that recession music right here!” Throw Joell’s aggressive lyricism over Needlz’ brass-synth-organ beat and you have a radio hit without the ‘sellout’ aftertaste. Free Agent (The Album) is set to hit stores and online retailers this summer.
Listen to More: Joell Ortiz
Written by Burmy on 02/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.