Nice guys have never gotten far in the rap business. For a New York collective known as the Diggin’ In The Crates crew, however, niceness plus hard work has paid off, earning the bunch some well-deserved respect. After suffering the hard-hitting losses of both Big L and D.I.T.C. affiliate Big Pun, the Triboro group has given popular NYC underground star Joell Ortiz the spotlight on Air Y’all. Produced by Lord Finesse, the song combines early-‘90s grunginess with Ortiz’s Brooklyn swagger, and the result is pure Reaganomics cocaine crack on wax. The Movement, due in stores on November 18, is the legendary crew’s first album on their own imprint, D.I.T.C. Records. With three cuts concocted by Lord Finesse himself and appearances from O.C., Showbiz and A.G., the project is shaping up to be a hardcore fan’s delight.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.