Nice guys have never gotten far in the rap business. For a New York collective known as the Diggin’ In The Crates crew, however, niceness plus hard work has paid off, earning the bunch some well-deserved respect. After suffering the hard-hitting losses of both Big L and D.I.T.C. affiliate Big Pun, the Triboro group has given popular NYC underground star Joell Ortiz the spotlight on Air Y’all. Produced by Lord Finesse, the song combines early-‘90s grunginess with Ortiz’s Brooklyn swagger, and the result is pure Reaganomics cocaine crack on wax. The Movement, due in stores on November 18, is the legendary crew’s first album on their own imprint, D.I.T.C. Records. With three cuts concocted by Lord Finesse himself and appearances from O.C., Showbiz and A.G., the project is shaping up to be a hardcore fan’s delight.
Listen to More: Joell Ortiz Written by Kevin L. Clark
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.