Yeah, that’s right, Joell Ortiz and Slaughterhouse have been taking over the Booth lately. Any problems with that? We didn’t think so. Just a few days after Joell declared life to be So Hard, and just one day after group effort Back on the Scene earned high marks, Ortiz is back with a brand new remix to Put Some Money on It that features, you guessed it, the men of microphone slaughter. While a live percussion based beat from Sean C & LV (of Grind Music) nods in the background, Joell, Crooked, Royce and Budden take turns on the mic, with The Lox joining in for good measure. If anything it’s too much of a good thing, but at the very least it should provide y’all with no shortage of “who did it best?” debate in the comments below (my money’s on Crooked.) While Joell’s upcoming and long-awaited album, Free Agent, won’t feature this remix when it drops on February 22, the original’s nothing to laugh at either.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.