Yeah, that’s right, Joell Ortiz and Slaughterhouse have been taking over the Booth lately. Any problems with that? We didn’t think so. Just a few days after Joell declared life to be So Hard, and just one day after group effort Back on the Scene earned high marks, Ortiz is back with a brand new remix to Put Some Money on It that features, you guessed it, the men of microphone slaughter. While a live percussion based beat from Sean C & LV (of Grind Music) nods in the background, Joell, Crooked, Royce and Budden take turns on the mic, with The Lox joining in for good measure. If anything it’s too much of a good thing, but at the very least it should provide y’all with no shortage of “who did it best?” debate in the comments below (my money’s on Crooked.) While Joell’s upcoming and long-awaited album, Free Agent, won’t feature this remix when it drops on February 22, the original’s nothing to laugh at either.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.