Yeah, that’s right, Joell Ortiz and Slaughterhouse have been taking over the Booth lately. Any problems with that? We didn’t think so. Just a few days after Joell declared life to be So Hard, and just one day after group effort Back on the Scene earned high marks, Ortiz is back with a brand new remix to Put Some Money on It that features, you guessed it, the men of microphone slaughter. While a live percussion based beat from Sean C & LV (of Grind Music) nods in the background, Joell, Crooked, Royce and Budden take turns on the mic, with The Lox joining in for good measure. If anything it’s too much of a good thing, but at the very least it should provide y’all with no shortage of “who did it best?” debate in the comments below (my money’s on Crooked.) While Joell’s upcoming and long-awaited album, Free Agent, won’t feature this remix when it drops on February 22, the original’s nothing to laugh at either.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.