Yeah, that’s right, Joell Ortiz and Slaughterhouse have been taking over the Booth lately. Any problems with that? We didn’t think so. Just a few days after Joell declared life to be So Hard, and just one day after group effort Back on the Scene earned high marks, Ortiz is back with a brand new remix to Put Some Money on It that features, you guessed it, the men of microphone slaughter. While a live percussion based beat from Sean C & LV (of Grind Music) nods in the background, Joell, Crooked, Royce and Budden take turns on the mic, with The Lox joining in for good measure. If anything it’s too much of a good thing, but at the very least it should provide y’all with no shortage of “who did it best?” debate in the comments below (my money’s on Crooked.) While Joell’s upcoming and long-awaited album, Free Agent, won’t feature this remix when it drops on February 22, the original’s nothing to laugh at either.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.