Yeah, that’s right, Joell Ortiz and Slaughterhouse have been taking over the Booth lately. Any problems with that? We didn’t think so. Just a few days after Joell declared life to be So Hard, and just one day after group effort Back on the Scene earned high marks, Ortiz is back with a brand new remix to Put Some Money on It that features, you guessed it, the men of microphone slaughter. While a live percussion based beat from Sean C & LV (of Grind Music) nods in the background, Joell, Crooked, Royce and Budden take turns on the mic, with The Lox joining in for good measure. If anything it’s too much of a good thing, but at the very least it should provide y’all with no shortage of “who did it best?” debate in the comments below (my money’s on Crooked.) While Joell’s upcoming and long-awaited album, Free Agent, won’t feature this remix when it drops on February 22, the original’s nothing to laugh at either.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)