Back in April, on the reader-approved Forgive Me, London pop phenom Joel Compass showcased an admirable ability to humble himself in the context of a romantic relationship. Now that he’s made the necessary apologies, however, he’s back to his usual, unflappably confident self. On this freshly-released UK single, the crooner celebrates his prowess in the realms of both music and love, urging the song’s addressee to run and tell that to all her Girlfriends. Compass handles mic as well as vocal duties, crafting a bubblegum-sweet backdrop for his ebullient verses and hook. This joint isn’t attached to anything larger, but listeners across the pond can cop it now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.