Back in April, on the reader-approved Forgive Me, London pop phenom Joel Compass showcased an admirable ability to humble himself in the context of a romantic relationship. Now that he’s made the necessary apologies, however, he’s back to his usual, unflappably confident self. On this freshly-released UK single, the crooner celebrates his prowess in the realms of both music and love, urging the song’s addressee to run and tell that to all her Girlfriends. Compass handles mic as well as vocal duties, crafting a bubblegum-sweet backdrop for his ebullient verses and hook. This joint isn’t attached to anything larger, but listeners across the pond can cop it now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.