Named after the second most famous giant ape movie star in the world, Schweinfurt, Germany native Joe Young is ready to become hip-hop’s newest international sensation. His upcoming “album before the album,” Joe Young the Great Ape, is basically a summary of who he is as an MC (if you’ve seen his promo ads and art, the ape is to him what Sonic the Hedgehog is to Charles Hamilton). In this era of economic downturn, Joe knows everybody’s out for everybody else’s money, so we’ve got to be Watching Our Dollars more closely than ever before. Featuring Raekwon the Chef (having helped with C.R.E.A.M., he knows a thing or two about the topic) and Joey Majors of Bunji (The Merge), as well as a beat by Mercury the Jerzey Beast (P. Diddy, Black Rob, & Mark Curry‘s Bad Boy For Life), Watching Our Dollars proves that true hip-hop talent knows no borders.
Written by Burmy on 03/12/09
Submit your Rating
Younglife Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It All" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.