Named after the second most famous giant ape movie star in the world, Schweinfurt, Germany native Joe Young is ready to become hip-hop’s newest international sensation. His upcoming “album before the album,” Joe Young the Great Ape, is basically a summary of who he is as an MC (if you’ve seen his promo ads and art, the ape is to him what Sonic the Hedgehog is to Charles Hamilton). In this era of economic downturn, Joe knows everybody’s out for everybody else’s money, so we’ve got to be Watching Our Dollars more closely than ever before. Featuring Raekwon the Chef (having helped with C.R.E.A.M., he knows a thing or two about the topic) and Joey Majors of Bunji (The Merge), as well as a beat by Mercury the Jerzey Beast (P. Diddy, Black Rob, & Mark Curry‘s Bad Boy For Life), Watching Our Dollars proves that true hip-hop talent knows no borders.
Written by Burmy on 03/12/09
Younglife Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It All" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.