Happy to be free from his former label home at Jive Records, singer Joe has wasted no time in getting his name back on the music scene. Going by his full name of Joe Thomas, the 15-year veteran has major marketing underway for the release of his forthcoming album, New Man, on September 23. Along with the previously-featured E.R., Joe has released a second single, which sounds a lot like what we’re used to hearing from the Georgia native. Why Just Be Friends is a classic-sounding mid-tempo jam that should remind listeners of past hits such as Still Not A Player, Ride Wit U and Wanna Get To Know You. With The Stereotypes’ beat setting the mood, Why Just Be Friends should have no problem finding an audience at radio. Check back with DJBooth later this month as Joe drops in for an interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Joe Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.