Happy to be free from his former label home at Jive Records, singer Joe has wasted no time in getting his name back on the music scene. Going by his full name of Joe Thomas, the 15-year veteran has major marketing underway for the release of his forthcoming album, New Man, on September 23. Along with the previously-featured E.R., Joe has released a second single, which sounds a lot like what we’re used to hearing from the Georgia native. Why Just Be Friends is a classic-sounding mid-tempo jam that should remind listeners of past hits such as Still Not A Player, Ride Wit U and Wanna Get To Know You. With The Stereotypes’ beat setting the mood, Why Just Be Friends should have no problem finding an audience at radio. Check back with DJBooth later this month as Joe drops in for an interview with DJ Z.
Listen to More: Joe
Written by Burmy on 08/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.