Happy to be free from his former label home at Jive Records, singer Joe has wasted no time in getting his name back on the music scene. Going by his full name of Joe Thomas, the 15-year veteran has major marketing underway for the release of his forthcoming album, New Man, on September 23. Along with the previously-featured E.R., Joe has released a second single, which sounds a lot like what we’re used to hearing from the Georgia native. Why Just Be Friends is a classic-sounding mid-tempo jam that should remind listeners of past hits such as Still Not A Player, Ride Wit U and Wanna Get To Know You. With The Stereotypes’ beat setting the mood, Why Just Be Friends should have no problem finding an audience at radio. Check back with DJBooth later this month as Joe drops in for an interview with DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 08/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.