For any self-proclaimed lady’s man (or Brett Favre) retirement is never easy. Veteran R&B singer Joe Thomas knows this reality well, but luckily for him a special woman came along and made his transition into the next chapter of his life rather easy. On I’d Rather Have a Love, the artist’s first new featured song at The DJBooth in over five years, Joe takes a grown-up approach to love with an equally as mature style. As he shares his story about going from late nights in the club to late nights on the couch with his girl, the Georgia native wows listeners with a seasoned and sophisticated approach. Backed by producer Derek “DOA” Allen’s simple yet complimentary boardwork, Rather is a rather easy listen, but still very substantive and genuine. A single song is good, but if you’d have an album you will just have to wait until summer, when Joe’s next full-length project is released.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.