For any self-proclaimed lady’s man (or Brett Favre) retirement is never easy. Veteran R&B singer Joe Thomas knows this reality well, but luckily for him a special woman came along and made his transition into the next chapter of his life rather easy. On I’d Rather Have a Love, the artist’s first new featured song at The DJBooth in over five years, Joe takes a grown-up approach to love with an equally as mature style. As he shares his story about going from late nights in the club to late nights on the couch with his girl, the Georgia native wows listeners with a seasoned and sophisticated approach. Backed by producer Derek “DOA” Allen’s simple yet complimentary boardwork, Rather is a rather easy listen, but still very substantive and genuine. A single song is good, but if you’d have an album you will just have to wait until summer, when Joe’s next full-length project is released.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.