For any self-proclaimed lady’s man (or Brett Favre) retirement is never easy. Veteran R&B singer Joe Thomas knows this reality well, but luckily for him a special woman came along and made his transition into the next chapter of his life rather easy. On I’d Rather Have a Love, the artist’s first new featured song at The DJBooth in over five years, Joe takes a grown-up approach to love with an equally as mature style. As he shares his story about going from late nights in the club to late nights on the couch with his girl, the Georgia native wows listeners with a seasoned and sophisticated approach. Backed by producer Derek “DOA” Allen’s simple yet complimentary boardwork, Rather is a rather easy listen, but still very substantive and genuine. A single song is good, but if you’d have an album you will just have to wait until summer, when Joe’s next full-length project is released.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.