For any self-proclaimed lady’s man (or Brett Favre) retirement is never easy. Veteran R&B singer Joe Thomas knows this reality well, but luckily for him a special woman came along and made his transition into the next chapter of his life rather easy. On I’d Rather Have a Love, the artist’s first new featured song at The DJBooth in over five years, Joe takes a grown-up approach to love with an equally as mature style. As he shares his story about going from late nights in the club to late nights on the couch with his girl, the Georgia native wows listeners with a seasoned and sophisticated approach. Backed by producer Derek “DOA” Allen’s simple yet complimentary boardwork, Rather is a rather easy listen, but still very substantive and genuine. A single song is good, but if you’d have an album you will just have to wait until summer, when Joe’s next full-length project is released.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
R&B veteran Joe Thomas has let loose his 10th full-length via Massenburg Media. The artist's first album since 2011's The Good, the Bad and the Sexy, the 12-track project comes heralded by reader-approved lead single "I'd...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)