For any self-proclaimed lady’s man (or Brett Favre) retirement is never easy. Veteran R&B singer Joe Thomas knows this reality well, but luckily for him a special woman came along and made his transition into the next chapter of his life rather easy. On I’d Rather Have a Love, the artist’s first new featured song at The DJBooth in over five years, Joe takes a grown-up approach to love with an equally as mature style. As he shares his story about going from late nights in the club to late nights on the couch with his girl, the Georgia native wows listeners with a seasoned and sophisticated approach. Backed by producer Derek “DOA” Allen’s simple yet complimentary boardwork, Rather is a rather easy listen, but still very substantive and genuine. A single song is good, but if you’d have an album you will just have to wait until summer, when Joe’s next full-length project is released.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
R&B veteran Joe Thomas has let loose his 10th full-length via Massenburg Media. The artist's first album since 2011's The Good, the Bad and the Sexy, the 12-track project comes heralded by reader-approved lead single "I'd...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.