With Joe Thomas’ 10th studio album just a few short weeks away from release, the veteran R&B singer returns to our pages with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to March’s reader-approved I’d Rather Have a Love, Compromise is a light, funky number emphasizing the importance of meeting your significant other halfway. Over Derek “DOA” Allen‘s slinky bassline and ringing keys, the singer admits that ceding control to a woman isn’t him, but pledges to set aside his stubborn pride and seek a middle ground. As usual, he impresses on the vocal tip, complementing his rich verses and chorus with immaculate falsetto harmonies. DoubleBack: Evolution of R&B is set to drop Tuesday, July 2, via RED Music, but Booth readers will get an early taste of the album when it hits our front page that Monday as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.