With Joe Thomas’ 10th studio album just a few short weeks away from release, the veteran R&B singer returns to our pages with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to March’s reader-approved I’d Rather Have a Love, Compromise is a light, funky number emphasizing the importance of meeting your significant other halfway. Over Derek “DOA” Allen‘s slinky bassline and ringing keys, the singer admits that ceding control to a woman isn’t him, but pledges to set aside his stubborn pride and seek a middle ground. As usual, he impresses on the vocal tip, complementing his rich verses and chorus with immaculate falsetto harmonies. DoubleBack: Evolution of R&B is set to drop Tuesday, July 2, via RED Music, but Booth readers will get an early taste of the album when it hits our front page that Monday as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
R&B veteran Joe Thomas has let loose his 10th full-length via Massenburg Media. The artist's first album since 2011's The Good, the Bad and the Sexy, the 12-track project comes heralded by reader-approved lead single "I'd...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.