With Joe Thomas’ 10th studio album just a few short weeks away from release, the veteran R&B singer returns to our pages with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to March’s reader-approved I’d Rather Have a Love, Compromise is a light, funky number emphasizing the importance of meeting your significant other halfway. Over Derek “DOA” Allen‘s slinky bassline and ringing keys, the singer admits that ceding control to a woman isn’t him, but pledges to set aside his stubborn pride and seek a middle ground. As usual, he impresses on the vocal tip, complementing his rich verses and chorus with immaculate falsetto harmonies. DoubleBack: Evolution of R&B is set to drop Tuesday, July 2, via RED Music, but Booth readers will get an early taste of the album when it hits our front page that Monday as a free, exclusive stream.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!