With Joe Thomas’ 10th studio album just a few short weeks away from release, the veteran R&B singer returns to our pages with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to March’s reader-approved I’d Rather Have a Love, Compromise is a light, funky number emphasizing the importance of meeting your significant other halfway. Over Derek “DOA” Allen‘s slinky bassline and ringing keys, the singer admits that ceding control to a woman isn’t him, but pledges to set aside his stubborn pride and seek a middle ground. As usual, he impresses on the vocal tip, complementing his rich verses and chorus with immaculate falsetto harmonies. DoubleBack: Evolution of R&B is set to drop Tuesday, July 2, via RED Music, but Booth readers will get an early taste of the album when it hits our front page that Monday as a free, exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.