What would you do if you found the door to Heaven? Some folks would bang on it until they were let in; others would probably attempt to break in until ADT notified the authorities (probably God in this case). Today we drop off Heaven’s Door, not exactly a cover of Bob Dylan’s classic by the same name, but one that shares the same spirit. Knocking, or should I say rhyming, on this particular door are three emcees who linked up at the legendary Stankonia Studios at the 2011 A3C Music Festival in Atlanta: Joe Scudda, Termanology and Jon Connor. Inspired by a laid back banger of a beat from The Royal Flush, each rhymer takes turns delving into both their earthly sins and heavenward aspirations. For more unexpectedly dope collabs be sure to cop the Stankonia Sessions album, dropping via Grooveshark.com on November 19 and accompanied by some ill behind the scenes footage.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.