What would you do if you found the door to Heaven? Some folks would bang on it until they were let in; others would probably attempt to break in until ADT notified the authorities (probably God in this case). Today we drop off Heaven’s Door, not exactly a cover of Bob Dylan’s classic by the same name, but one that shares the same spirit. Knocking, or should I say rhyming, on this particular door are three emcees who linked up at the legendary Stankonia Studios at the 2011 A3C Music Festival in Atlanta: Joe Scudda, Termanology and Jon Connor. Inspired by a laid back banger of a beat from The Royal Flush, each rhymer takes turns delving into both their earthly sins and heavenward aspirations. For more unexpectedly dope collabs be sure to cop the Stankonia Sessions album, dropping via Grooveshark.com on November 19 and accompanied by some ill behind the scenes footage.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/24/11
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)