What would you do if you found the door to Heaven? Some folks would bang on it until they were let in; others would probably attempt to break in until ADT notified the authorities (probably God in this case). Today we drop off Heaven’s Door, not exactly a cover of Bob Dylan’s classic by the same name, but one that shares the same spirit. Knocking, or should I say rhyming, on this particular door are three emcees who linked up at the legendary Stankonia Studios at the 2011 A3C Music Festival in Atlanta: Joe Scudda, Termanology and Jon Connor. Inspired by a laid back banger of a beat from The Royal Flush, each rhymer takes turns delving into both their earthly sins and heavenward aspirations. For more unexpectedly dope collabs be sure to cop the Stankonia Sessions album, dropping via Grooveshark.com on November 19 and accompanied by some ill behind the scenes footage.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.