What would you do if you found the door to Heaven? Some folks would bang on it until they were let in; others would probably attempt to break in until ADT notified the authorities (probably God in this case). Today we drop off Heaven’s Door, not exactly a cover of Bob Dylan’s classic by the same name, but one that shares the same spirit. Knocking, or should I say rhyming, on this particular door are three emcees who linked up at the legendary Stankonia Studios at the 2011 A3C Music Festival in Atlanta: Joe Scudda, Termanology and Jon Connor. Inspired by a laid back banger of a beat from The Royal Flush, each rhymer takes turns delving into both their earthly sins and heavenward aspirations. For more unexpectedly dope collabs be sure to cop the Stankonia Sessions album, dropping via Grooveshark.com on November 19 and accompanied by some ill behind the scenes footage.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.