Like the Black Flag Records crew (featured today with You Wanna Battle), Joe Scudda is of the opinion that the game needs a violent shake-up – and he’s just the man to do it. On his first solo feature, the North Carolina native rejoins forces with Jaded collaborator Statik Selektah to lay out his blueprint for rap rehabilitation, and scoff at those who just can’t seem to Catch Up with his style. Over the Boston beatsmith’s brash, street-ready brass samples, Scudda spits three verses’ worth of hard-hitting trash talk, saving his harshest words for rival emcees: “That sh*t you’re spittin’, we don’t care / you’re worse than a badass ho with no hair.” (And believe you me, that’s pretty bad.) Though the Kanye reference may be a little past its ‘sell-by’ date, this track will undoubtedly have fans of aggressive underground jams reaching to “rewind that.” If that sounds like you, pick up a copy of the emcee’s Hall Of Justus & The Smoking Section Present: Not Your Average Joe EP when it drops February 23, and stay tuned for Scudda’s contribution to our Booth-exclusive freestyle series, set to premiere in March.
Written by richard on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.