Like the Black Flag Records crew (featured today with You Wanna Battle), Joe Scudda is of the opinion that the game needs a violent shake-up – and he’s just the man to do it. On his first solo feature, the North Carolina native rejoins forces with Jaded collaborator Statik Selektah to lay out his blueprint for rap rehabilitation, and scoff at those who just can’t seem to Catch Up with his style. Over the Boston beatsmith’s brash, street-ready brass samples, Scudda spits three verses’ worth of hard-hitting trash talk, saving his harshest words for rival emcees: “That sh*t you’re spittin’, we don’t care / you’re worse than a badass ho with no hair.” (And believe you me, that’s pretty bad.) Though the Kanye reference may be a little past its ‘sell-by’ date, this track will undoubtedly have fans of aggressive underground jams reaching to “rewind that.” If that sounds like you, pick up a copy of the emcee’s Hall Of Justus & The Smoking Section Present: Not Your Average Joe EP when it drops February 23, and stay tuned for Scudda’s contribution to our Booth-exclusive freestyle series, set to premiere in March.
Listen to More: Joe Scudda
Written by richard on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.