Like the Black Flag Records crew (featured today with You Wanna Battle), Joe Scudda is of the opinion that the game needs a violent shake-up – and he’s just the man to do it. On his first solo feature, the North Carolina native rejoins forces with Jaded collaborator Statik Selektah to lay out his blueprint for rap rehabilitation, and scoff at those who just can’t seem to Catch Up with his style. Over the Boston beatsmith’s brash, street-ready brass samples, Scudda spits three verses’ worth of hard-hitting trash talk, saving his harshest words for rival emcees: “That sh*t you’re spittin’, we don’t care / you’re worse than a badass ho with no hair.” (And believe you me, that’s pretty bad.) Though the Kanye reference may be a little past its ‘sell-by’ date, this track will undoubtedly have fans of aggressive underground jams reaching to “rewind that.” If that sounds like you, pick up a copy of the emcee’s Hall Of Justus & The Smoking Section Present: Not Your Average Joe EP when it drops February 23, and stay tuned for Scudda’s contribution to our Booth-exclusive freestyle series, set to premiere in March.
Listen to More: Joe Scudda
Written by richard on 02/10/10
Hall OF Justus Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)