Dime pieces are a dime a dozen, but it’s rare to come across a guy or girl who will truly hold you down, in good times and in bad. Now that unsigned R&B singer Joe Ryan‘s found his Ride Or Die, he’s not about to let her slip through his fingers. On his first Booth feature and latest single, he lets the woman in question know just how much he appreciates her loyalty, and assures her that she’s got his heart on lock. Ryan handles production as well as vocal duties, crafting a piano-driven beat whose gentle chord progression calls to mind Weezy‘s 2011 hit, How to Love. Resurfacing after nearly three years away from our pages, Brooklyn emcee Lil Mama plays the headliner’s down chick in an engaging closing 16. For Ride Or Die and much more, cop Joe Ryan’s 1 8 7 9 LP when it hits online retailers on Tuesday, February 13.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.