Despite overwhelmingly positive reviews, R&B singer Joe’s last album, Ain’t Nothin’ Like Me, was the first since his ‘93 debut to not achieve at least a gold certification. Ready to give it another try, the 15-year industry vet is set to drop his seventh studio album this fall, entitled Joe Thomas: New Man. On single number one, Joe is rushed to the E.R. after being dangerously in need of someone to love; with the right treatment, however, he trusts that he’ll be fine by the end of the night. Producer D’Mile adds a heart-pounding beat which, when mixed with Joe’s medically-related metaphors, creates a potential unsettling result for female listeners. Such creativity should result in a definite hit for Joe and build anticipation towards the release of Joe Thomas: New Man (September 23).
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.