Despite overwhelmingly positive reviews, R&B singer Joe’s last album, Ain’t Nothin’ Like Me, was the first since his ‘93 debut to not achieve at least a gold certification. Ready to give it another try, the 15-year industry vet is set to drop his seventh studio album this fall, entitled Joe Thomas: New Man. On single number one, Joe is rushed to the E.R. after being dangerously in need of someone to love; with the right treatment, however, he trusts that he’ll be fine by the end of the night. Producer D’Mile adds a heart-pounding beat which, when mixed with Joe’s medically-related metaphors, creates a potential unsettling result for female listeners. Such creativity should result in a definite hit for Joe and build anticipation towards the release of Joe Thomas: New Man (September 23).
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Was Your Man" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.