In an industry as competitive, fickle and volatile as the music game, divine guidance is practically required in order to achieve enduring success. Not one to venture into the darkness without a candle, Joe Cool asks the Man Upstairs to protect him and his people on new single Pray. The Louisiana repersentative’s first feature since April promo cut NewLA, this reverent yet street-ready jam finds beatsmith Pe$o Piddy flipping a gospel-inflected piano loop as the rhymesayer asks God’s assistance in resisting the temptations of women and weed as he grinds his way to the top. Art Andrews contributes guest rhymes on the back. Fans will be able to find this pious selection and plenty more on the artist’s Driver’s Ed tape, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wanna Sell Drugs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.