In an industry as competitive, fickle and volatile as the music game, divine guidance is practically required in order to achieve enduring success. Not one to venture into the darkness without a candle, Joe Cool asks the Man Upstairs to protect him and his people on new single Pray. The Louisiana repersentative’s first feature since April promo cut NewLA, this reverent yet street-ready jam finds beatsmith Pe$o Piddy flipping a gospel-inflected piano loop as the rhymesayer asks God’s assistance in resisting the temptations of women and weed as he grinds his way to the top. Art Andrews contributes guest rhymes on the back. Fans will be able to find this pious selection and plenty more on the artist’s Driver’s Ed tape, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wanna Sell Drugs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.