In an industry as competitive, fickle and volatile as the music game, divine guidance is practically required in order to achieve enduring success. Not one to venture into the darkness without a candle, Joe Cool asks the Man Upstairs to protect him and his people on new single Pray. The Louisiana repersentative’s first feature since April promo cut NewLA, this reverent yet street-ready jam finds beatsmith Pe$o Piddy flipping a gospel-inflected piano loop as the rhymesayer asks God’s assistance in resisting the temptations of women and weed as he grinds his way to the top. Art Andrews contributes guest rhymes on the back. Fans will be able to find this pious selection and plenty more on the artist’s Driver’s Ed tape, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wanna Sell Drugs" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.