Like The Little Engine That Could, the plucky blue locomotive who made it over a seemingly insurmountable hill by repeating the mantra, “I think I can, I think I can,” Orlando native (and first-time Booth featuree) Joe Clark knows he’s destined for the top, and he’s going to keep chugging up the track till he gets there. Mixtape leak Locomotive Joe finds the half-human, half-machine emcee filling his soon-to-be fans in on his mythic origin story, assisted by some appropriately cinematic voice-over narration. Unusually-named beatsmith Soy Sauce sets the cherry on top of this motivational jam, serving up a driving soul sample that perfectly captures Clark’s dogged determination. The message may be a simple one – Joe Clark is here, and he’ll stop at nothing to take over the game – but the high-concept creativity Clark brings to this record will likely score him points among Booth readers. If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of the up-and-comer’s We Are the Stars mixtape, pulling into the station tomorrow, November 24.
Listen to More: Joe Clark
Written by richard on 11/23/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.