Like The Little Engine That Could, the plucky blue locomotive who made it over a seemingly insurmountable hill by repeating the mantra, “I think I can, I think I can,” Orlando native (and first-time Booth featuree) Joe Clark knows he’s destined for the top, and he’s going to keep chugging up the track till he gets there. Mixtape leak Locomotive Joe finds the half-human, half-machine emcee filling his soon-to-be fans in on his mythic origin story, assisted by some appropriately cinematic voice-over narration. Unusually-named beatsmith Soy Sauce sets the cherry on top of this motivational jam, serving up a driving soul sample that perfectly captures Clark’s dogged determination. The message may be a simple one – Joe Clark is here, and he’ll stop at nothing to take over the game – but the high-concept creativity Clark brings to this record will likely score him points among Booth readers. If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of the up-and-comer’s We Are the Stars mixtape, pulling into the station tomorrow, November 24.
Listen to More: Joe Clark
Written by richard on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.