Like The Little Engine That Could, the plucky blue locomotive who made it over a seemingly insurmountable hill by repeating the mantra, “I think I can, I think I can,” Orlando native (and first-time Booth featuree) Joe Clark knows he’s destined for the top, and he’s going to keep chugging up the track till he gets there. Mixtape leak Locomotive Joe finds the half-human, half-machine emcee filling his soon-to-be fans in on his mythic origin story, assisted by some appropriately cinematic voice-over narration. Unusually-named beatsmith Soy Sauce sets the cherry on top of this motivational jam, serving up a driving soul sample that perfectly captures Clark’s dogged determination. The message may be a simple one – Joe Clark is here, and he’ll stop at nothing to take over the game – but the high-concept creativity Clark brings to this record will likely score him points among Booth readers. If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of the up-and-comer’s We Are the Stars mixtape, pulling into the station tomorrow, November 24.
Listen to More: Joe Clark
Written by richard on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.