Over the last few months, Joe Budden has been quite busy with interviews. While promoting his past MM3 release and his long-overdue, much-anticipated sophomore album, Padded Room, the Jersey native has been asked by many if “hip hop is dead?” On the newly-leaked track, Who (Pt. 1), Jumpoff Joey reformats the question and provides a detailed response. Dissecting who killed hip-hop and when it occurred, the veteran emcee points the finger at the Reggaeton sensation, the auto-tune takeover, the popularity of snap music, and songs that have spurned dances (amongst a plethora of other, just as important possibilities). Providing the platform for Budden’s State of the Genre address is Portugal producer Blastah Beatz, who reworks Marvin Gaye’s sultry classic, Inner City Blues. Look for Pt. 2 later this week…
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by DJ Z on 07/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.