Joe Budden has a unique appeal; he can wile out over an insane party banger and get intricately deep over a soft, moody underground beat. Similar to a comedian who nails a part in a drama role, Budden is a versatile artist who’s never afraid to showcase his many strengths. When the New Jersey MC stepped inside the DJBooth in January, he revealed that his new album, The Padded Room, would drop this May. Since then, the release date has been moved back to June 24. But, what Budden also revealed was that the new LP would be more upbeat (think Pump It Up) and less rainy-day dreary. So, for the first taste of the new album, the MC kept his word and has dropped the Klasix produced, Touch & Go. Versatile and honest, even better.
Written by DJ Z on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)