Joe Budden has a unique appeal; he can wile out over an insane party banger and get intricately deep over a soft, moody underground beat. Similar to a comedian who nails a part in a drama role, Budden is a versatile artist who’s never afraid to showcase his many strengths. When the New Jersey MC stepped inside the DJBooth in January, he revealed that his new album, The Padded Room, would drop this May. Since then, the release date has been moved back to June 24. But, what Budden also revealed was that the new LP would be more upbeat (think Pump It Up) and less rainy-day dreary. So, for the first taste of the new album, the MC kept his word and has dropped the Klasix produced, Touch & Go. Versatile and honest, even better.
Written by DJ Z on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.