Joe Budden has a unique appeal; he can wile out over an insane party banger and get intricately deep over a soft, moody underground beat. Similar to a comedian who nails a part in a drama role, Budden is a versatile artist who’s never afraid to showcase his many strengths. When the New Jersey MC stepped inside the DJBooth in January, he revealed that his new album, The Padded Room, would drop this May. Since then, the release date has been moved back to June 24. But, what Budden also revealed was that the new LP would be more upbeat (think Pump It Up) and less rainy-day dreary. So, for the first taste of the new album, the MC kept his word and has dropped the Klasix produced, Touch & Go. Versatile and honest, even better.
Written by DJ Z on 03/19/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.