While the South may have have a nice run, thanks to vets like Slaughterhouse, Fabolous, and Banks, the North is definitely trying to take back the hip hop game. Leading the charge is Joe Budden, who with the help of Royce Da 5’9”, Loso and Banks drops a gem off his Mood Muzik 4 mixtape in the form of Remember the Titans. Produced by J. Cardim, who is no stranger to working with New York artists such as Talib Kweli, Maino and Saigon, the beat has a heavy bass and some simple yet traversed synthesizers that you know is begging to be ripped for freestyles. From the start of Fabolous’ verse, all the way to the end of Detroit native Royce’s, each emcee does not disappoint in their flows. With punchline after punchline after punchline, there’s so many lyrical jabs thrown that you would think the song title would be Rocky, rather than Remember the Titans. Mood Muzik 4: A Turn 4 the Worst drops digitally on October 26.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.