While the South may have have a nice run, thanks to vets like Slaughterhouse, Fabolous, and Banks, the North is definitely trying to take back the hip hop game. Leading the charge is Joe Budden, who with the help of Royce Da 5’9”, Loso and Banks drops a gem off his Mood Muzik 4 mixtape in the form of Remember the Titans. Produced by J. Cardim, who is no stranger to working with New York artists such as Talib Kweli, Maino and Saigon, the beat has a heavy bass and some simple yet traversed synthesizers that you know is begging to be ripped for freestyles. From the start of Fabolous’ verse, all the way to the end of Detroit native Royce’s, each emcee does not disappoint in their flows. With punchline after punchline after punchline, there’s so many lyrical jabs thrown that you would think the song title would be Rocky, rather than Remember the Titans. Mood Muzik 4: A Turn 4 the Worst drops digitally on October 26.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.