Some could argue that Joe Budden‘s rocky history with Def Jam was a blessing in disguise for the veteran emcee; in addition to sparking a strong underground buzz, Budden’s trials and tribulations helped turn him into the lyricist he is today. Additionally, the New Jersey native has the advantage of having been a long time hip-hop follower; Jumpoff Joey remembers that back in the day, music was less about the money and more about The Soul. With his symphonic production, Cardiak helps add more soul to The Soul (sorry, I couldn’t resist) and evokes not only the audience’s greatest memories, but also the hope that a new, similar age is upon us. Joe Budden’s digital exclusive, Halfway House, is available today, with the long-anticipated Padded Room scheduled for release on February 24.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by Burmy on 10/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.