Some could argue that Joe Budden‘s rocky history with Def Jam was a blessing in disguise for the veteran emcee; in addition to sparking a strong underground buzz, Budden’s trials and tribulations helped turn him into the lyricist he is today. Additionally, the New Jersey native has the advantage of having been a long time hip-hop follower; Jumpoff Joey remembers that back in the day, music was less about the money and more about The Soul. With his symphonic production, Cardiak helps add more soul to The Soul (sorry, I couldn’t resist) and evokes not only the audience’s greatest memories, but also the hope that a new, similar age is upon us. Joe Budden’s digital exclusive, Halfway House, is available today, with the long-anticipated Padded Room scheduled for release on February 24.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by Burmy on 10/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)