Joe Budden has a reputation for messy public breakups, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t cherish memories of the good times he and his exes enjoyed together—particularly when those good times happened to take place in the bedroom. The latest song release off the Slaughterhouse emcee’s next street album finds him stacking his new girl up against an old flame, and concluding, “She Don’t Put It Down Like You.” Lil Wayne can relate; over T-Minus’ synth production, the YMCMB boss supplements Budden’s bars with his own wistful(ly horny) recollections of a past love, before revealing that he and the girl in question are still getting it in. R&B vet Tank ties the record together with a smooth hook. Watch for No Lost Love to drop digitally, via eOne, on January 22.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.