Joe Budden has a reputation for messy public breakups, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t cherish memories of the good times he and his exes enjoyed together—particularly when those good times happened to take place in the bedroom. The latest song release off the Slaughterhouse emcee’s next street album finds him stacking his new girl up against an old flame, and concluding, “She Don’t Put It Down Like You.” Lil Wayne can relate; over T-Minus’ synth production, the YMCMB boss supplements Budden’s bars with his own wistful(ly horny) recollections of a past love, before revealing that he and the girl in question are still getting it in. R&B vet Tank ties the record together with a smooth hook. Watch for No Lost Love to drop digitally, via eOne, on January 22.
Written by richard on 10/10/12
A lot of words will be written about Joe Budden’s new album, No Love Lost, but I’m confident I’ll be the only writer who opens their review with a quote from Walt Whitman: “Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.