It isn’t a stretch to say that veteran emcee Joe Budden has it made. He is after all a member of acclaimed group Slaughterhouse and is well respected as a source of authentic hip-hop. However, according to the artist himself, you would be mistaken. On a standout selection from his A Loose Quarter mixtape the Jersey native explains that the Pain Won’t Stop. No, Joey isn’t referring to DJ Pain1, who crafts the powerful beat, but rather the woes that follow a lifetime of stress in the music business. With a powerful flow and a pull-no-punches attitude, the New York native earmarks troubles like seeing fellow rappers crippled by beef and negativity. Budden, who is always working on something new, is currently preparing for the January release of his latest full-length album No Lost Love.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.