It isn’t a stretch to say that veteran emcee Joe Budden has it made. He is after all a member of acclaimed group Slaughterhouse and is well respected as a source of authentic hip-hop. However, according to the artist himself, you would be mistaken. On a standout selection from his A Loose Quarter mixtape the Jersey native explains that the Pain Won’t Stop. No, Joey isn’t referring to DJ Pain1, who crafts the powerful beat, but rather the woes that follow a lifetime of stress in the music business. With a powerful flow and a pull-no-punches attitude, the New York native earmarks troubles like seeing fellow rappers crippled by beef and negativity. Budden, who is always working on something new, is currently preparing for the January release of his latest full-length album No Lost Love.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)