It isn’t a stretch to say that veteran emcee Joe Budden has it made. He is after all a member of acclaimed group Slaughterhouse and is well respected as a source of authentic hip-hop. However, according to the artist himself, you would be mistaken. On a standout selection from his A Loose Quarter mixtape the Jersey native explains that the Pain Won’t Stop. No, Joey isn’t referring to DJ Pain1, who crafts the powerful beat, but rather the woes that follow a lifetime of stress in the music business. With a powerful flow and a pull-no-punches attitude, the New York native earmarks troubles like seeing fellow rappers crippled by beef and negativity. Budden, who is always working on something new, is currently preparing for the January release of his latest full-length album No Lost Love.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.