With Watch the Throne album opener No Church in the Wild back in the spotlight thanks to its use in Denzel Washington vehicle Safe House, Joe Budden seizes the opportunity to put his own spin on the record in a brand new freestyle. Over 88-Keys and Kanye West‘s tension-fraught instrumental, the Slaughterhouse emcee spits about everything from the recent Drake/Common beef, to his nuanced views on spirituality, to his perennial issues with the opposite sex. This freestyle won’t be appearing on any forthcoming project, but those digging it can, as always, stay tuned for more from the Garden State mainstay.
Written by richard on 01/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.