“Stable” is the last word I’d use to describe Joe Budden‘s personal life, but there’s one individual he can always count on to keep him grounded: his mother. Coming on the heels of lead effort More of Me, new mixtape single Momma Said is an autobiographical jam dedicated to the woman who supports him when he’s down and tells him the harsh truth when he’s f**king up. Backed by Beewirks’ pensive synth arpeggios and reverb-soaked percussion, the Slaughterhouse rhymesayer looks back on a few conversations in which he was hesitant to heed the wisdom of her words, touching upon his current relationship with Kaylin Garcia and the emotional distance separating him from his father. Watch for A Loose Quarter to drop digitally November 23 (aka Black Friday), in anticipation of the arrival of junior studio album No Lost Love on January 22, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
On January 22, 2013, Joe Budden will be releasing junior studio album No Lost Love, featuring hit lead single "She Don't Put It Down Like You," via eOne. Before that, though, the Slaughterhouse emcee fans the flame of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.