“Stable” is the last word I’d use to describe Joe Budden‘s personal life, but there’s one individual he can always count on to keep him grounded: his mother. Coming on the heels of lead effort More of Me, new mixtape single Momma Said is an autobiographical jam dedicated to the woman who supports him when he’s down and tells him the harsh truth when he’s f**king up. Backed by Beewirks’ pensive synth arpeggios and reverb-soaked percussion, the Slaughterhouse rhymesayer looks back on a few conversations in which he was hesitant to heed the wisdom of her words, touching upon his current relationship with Kaylin Garcia and the emotional distance separating him from his father. Watch for A Loose Quarter to drop digitally November 23 (aka Black Friday), in anticipation of the arrival of junior studio album No Lost Love on January 22, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.