“Stable” is the last word I’d use to describe Joe Budden‘s personal life, but there’s one individual he can always count on to keep him grounded: his mother. Coming on the heels of lead effort More of Me, new mixtape single Momma Said is an autobiographical jam dedicated to the woman who supports him when he’s down and tells him the harsh truth when he’s f**king up. Backed by Beewirks’ pensive synth arpeggios and reverb-soaked percussion, the Slaughterhouse rhymesayer looks back on a few conversations in which he was hesitant to heed the wisdom of her words, touching upon his current relationship with Kaylin Garcia and the emotional distance separating him from his father. Watch for A Loose Quarter to drop digitally November 23 (aka Black Friday), in anticipation of the arrival of junior studio album No Lost Love on January 22, 2013.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.