If Joe Budden’s Twitter timeline is to believed, the Slaughterhouse emcee does most of his rhyme writing at strip clubs, only looking up from his pen and bad when a particularly rotund posterior comes into eye shot. Perhaps that affinity for late night endeavors helps explain Budden’s new club-oriented single Lower, which attempts to get the ladies of the world to simultaneously raise their blood alcohol levels while lowering their collective booties. Producer Frequency provides an appropriately clapping beat for Lower built around a pounding percussion line. On the mic you could call this Lighter, as Budden takes a vacation from his usual five minute lyrical onslaughts of pain and depression to talk about the simply joys of f**king in a Marriot, sentiments that guest artist Young Chris echoes nicely on a solid second verse. It’s definitely not your usual from Joe, but that doesn’t make it bad…or does it? I guess we’ll find out soon in the comments and ratings below. Who knows, if the ratings are high enough maybe Budden will place this stand alone single on an upcoming full album.
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.