If Joe Budden’s Twitter timeline is to believed, the Slaughterhouse emcee does most of his rhyme writing at strip clubs, only looking up from his pen and bad when a particularly rotund posterior comes into eye shot. Perhaps that affinity for late night endeavors helps explain Budden’s new club-oriented single Lower, which attempts to get the ladies of the world to simultaneously raise their blood alcohol levels while lowering their collective booties. Producer Frequency provides an appropriately clapping beat for Lower built around a pounding percussion line. On the mic you could call this Lighter, as Budden takes a vacation from his usual five minute lyrical onslaughts of pain and depression to talk about the simply joys of f**king in a Marriot, sentiments that guest artist Young Chris echoes nicely on a solid second verse. It’s definitely not your usual from Joe, but that doesn’t make it bad…or does it? I guess we’ll find out soon in the comments and ratings below. Who knows, if the ratings are high enough maybe Budden will place this stand alone single on an upcoming full album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.