If Joe Budden’s Twitter timeline is to believed, the Slaughterhouse emcee does most of his rhyme writing at strip clubs, only looking up from his pen and bad when a particularly rotund posterior comes into eye shot. Perhaps that affinity for late night endeavors helps explain Budden’s new club-oriented single Lower, which attempts to get the ladies of the world to simultaneously raise their blood alcohol levels while lowering their collective booties. Producer Frequency provides an appropriately clapping beat for Lower built around a pounding percussion line. On the mic you could call this Lighter, as Budden takes a vacation from his usual five minute lyrical onslaughts of pain and depression to talk about the simply joys of f**king in a Marriot, sentiments that guest artist Young Chris echoes nicely on a solid second verse. It’s definitely not your usual from Joe, but that doesn’t make it bad…or does it? I guess we’ll find out soon in the comments and ratings below. Who knows, if the ratings are high enough maybe Budden will place this stand alone single on an upcoming full album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.