A person can change a lot in six years, and that’s how long it’s been since Joe Budden dropped his studio debut. Last week, the New Jersey emcee stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, and, in fielding a question from one of our readers, he stated that the Padded Room record that best exemplifies his artistic growth since his first LP’s drop is In My Sleep. After hearing the record, now the album’s second official single, it’s easy to see why the emcee chose it – over a chilled-out, synth-laced beat by The Klasix, Budden uses a troubled night as the springboard for a series of dreamy, lyrically-driven verses brimming with cinematic metaphor, creating a cut that will take several listens to fully digest. This self-reflective single serves up plenty of food for thought, and should whet fans’ appetites for the full album, set to finally drop next Tuesday, the 24th.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by richard on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.