A person can change a lot in six years, and that’s how long it’s been since Joe Budden dropped his studio debut. Last week, the New Jersey emcee stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, and, in fielding a question from one of our readers, he stated that the Padded Room record that best exemplifies his artistic growth since his first LP’s drop is In My Sleep. After hearing the record, now the album’s second official single, it’s easy to see why the emcee chose it – over a chilled-out, synth-laced beat by The Klasix, Budden uses a troubled night as the springboard for a series of dreamy, lyrically-driven verses brimming with cinematic metaphor, creating a cut that will take several listens to fully digest. This self-reflective single serves up plenty of food for thought, and should whet fans’ appetites for the full album, set to finally drop next Tuesday, the 24th.
Written by richard on 02/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.