A person can change a lot in six years, and that’s how long it’s been since Joe Budden dropped his studio debut. Last week, the New Jersey emcee stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, and, in fielding a question from one of our readers, he stated that the Padded Room record that best exemplifies his artistic growth since his first LP’s drop is In My Sleep. After hearing the record, now the album’s second official single, it’s easy to see why the emcee chose it – over a chilled-out, synth-laced beat by The Klasix, Budden uses a troubled night as the springboard for a series of dreamy, lyrically-driven verses brimming with cinematic metaphor, creating a cut that will take several listens to fully digest. This self-reflective single serves up plenty of food for thought, and should whet fans’ appetites for the full album, set to finally drop next Tuesday, the 24th.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by richard on 02/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)