With the arrival of his long-awaited Padded Room LP and the stellar debut full-length from lyrical supergroup Slaughterhouse, 2009 was a big year for Joe Budden, and fans will undoubtedly be disappointed not to see him do even more impressive things in 2010. That’s a lot of pressure; is he up to the challenge? On his latest feature, released as a teaser for the latest installment of his Mood Muzik series, he leaves no doubt about the answer to that question, “Hello Expectations, you know I had to greet you / It don’t matter where you at, I always come and meet you.” Not going to take him at his word? The hard-hitting, intricately-rhymed blend of trash talk and allusive braggadocio he delivers over Beewirks’ street-ready boardwork should go a long way toward allaying your doubts. Time to ask the obvious question: does this track meet your expectations, or does it exceed them? Either way, you’ll want to keep your browsers locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the summer release of Budden’s Mood Muzik 4 mixtape.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by richard on 03/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)