What does the future hold? So many questions, yet precious few answers. For example, how long will it be until the music industry moves toward a digital-only format? Will hip-hop survive the current economic downturn and prosper in the decade ahead? Though these questions are destined to remain unanswered for the time being, Joe Budden gives listeners a forecast of his next relationship on the first single from the forthcoming Padded Room, which drops February 24. On The Future, Budden and his opposite-coast colleague, The Game, explain why the women in their lives will likely enjoy the time ahead. Shining behind the scenes of this synthesized banger are newcomer Fyu-Chur, whose boardwork mirrors that of his production idols, Timbaland and Polow Da Don, and hook singer Dominic. In keeping with The Game’s opening monologue, The Future is a record with the potential to succeed in both the club and the hood - let’s wait and see what it has in store.
Written by DJ Z on 11/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.