Joe Budden is quite the busy man. Apparently, when he isn’t video-blogging on JoeBuddenTV or being jumped by members of Raekwon’s posse backstage at Rock The Bells, he can be found inside the booth, churning out new material. In an obvious (and wise) attempt to capitalize off the marketing and promotions that went into the release of Slaughterhouse‘s debut offering (out now), Budden has released a second digital-only LP through Amalgam Digital. Entitled Escape Route, the project serves as prelude to the final chapter of his mini-series, The Great Escape. On the seemingly leftover We Outta Here, Budden and his Slaughterhouse squad spit lyrical missiles over the militaristic boardwork of Miami producer Streetrunner (who also has two placements on the Slaughterhouse album). Though the LP’s title suggests the New Jersey native might be heading out, fans can expect Budden (and his buddies) to remain in the musical spotlight for the foreseeable future.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.