When Joe Budden jumped inside the DJBooth this past February, he revealed what he thought was an accurate release date for his long-long-long-awaited sophomore album, The Padded Room. Unfortunately, things have not gone according to plan. Originally supposed to drop in May, the project was rescheduled for release this month, only to again be delayed until mid-February. To tide over longtime fans distraught over the lack of a new Budden disc, the emcee and his label, Amalgam Digital, will release an appetizer project, entitled Halfway House, on October 28. The first release from the project is the Scram Jones-produced Slaughterhouse, a wordplay exposé put on by Budden and guests Joell Ortiz, Nino Bless, Crooked I, and Royce Da 5’9”. At seven minutes long, do not attempt to devote any less than 21 minutes (three full listens for non-math majors) to this lyrical masterpiece; otherwise you might just miss the most impressive line spit.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.