When Joe Budden jumped inside the DJBooth this past February, he revealed what he thought was an accurate release date for his long-long-long-awaited sophomore album, The Padded Room. Unfortunately, things have not gone according to plan. Originally supposed to drop in May, the project was rescheduled for release this month, only to again be delayed until mid-February. To tide over longtime fans distraught over the lack of a new Budden disc, the emcee and his label, Amalgam Digital, will release an appetizer project, entitled Halfway House, on October 28. The first release from the project is the Scram Jones-produced Slaughterhouse, a wordplay exposé put on by Budden and guests Joell Ortiz, Nino Bless, Crooked I, and Royce Da 5’9”. At seven minutes long, do not attempt to devote any less than 21 minutes (three full listens for non-math majors) to this lyrical masterpiece; otherwise you might just miss the most impressive line spit.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.