When Joe Budden jumped inside the DJBooth this past February, he revealed what he thought was an accurate release date for his long-long-long-awaited sophomore album, The Padded Room. Unfortunately, things have not gone according to plan. Originally supposed to drop in May, the project was rescheduled for release this month, only to again be delayed until mid-February. To tide over longtime fans distraught over the lack of a new Budden disc, the emcee and his label, Amalgam Digital, will release an appetizer project, entitled Halfway House, on October 28. The first release from the project is the Scram Jones-produced Slaughterhouse, a wordplay exposé put on by Budden and guests Joell Ortiz, Nino Bless, Crooked I, and Royce Da 5’9”. At seven minutes long, do not attempt to devote any less than 21 minutes (three full listens for non-math majors) to this lyrical masterpiece; otherwise you might just miss the most impressive line spit.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.