When Joe Budden jumped inside the DJBooth this past February, he revealed what he thought was an accurate release date for his long-long-long-awaited sophomore album, The Padded Room. Unfortunately, things have not gone according to plan. Originally supposed to drop in May, the project was rescheduled for release this month, only to again be delayed until mid-February. To tide over longtime fans distraught over the lack of a new Budden disc, the emcee and his label, Amalgam Digital, will release an appetizer project, entitled Halfway House, on October 28. The first release from the project is the Scram Jones-produced Slaughterhouse, a wordplay exposé put on by Budden and guests Joell Ortiz, Nino Bless, Crooked I, and Royce Da 5’9”. At seven minutes long, do not attempt to devote any less than 21 minutes (three full listens for non-math majors) to this lyrical masterpiece; otherwise you might just miss the most impressive line spit.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!