When Joe Budden jumped inside the DJBooth this past February, he revealed what he thought was an accurate release date for his long-long-long-awaited sophomore album, The Padded Room. Unfortunately, things have not gone according to plan. Originally supposed to drop in May, the project was rescheduled for release this month, only to again be delayed until mid-February. To tide over longtime fans distraught over the lack of a new Budden disc, the emcee and his label, Amalgam Digital, will release an appetizer project, entitled Halfway House, on October 28. The first release from the project is the Scram Jones-produced Slaughterhouse, a wordplay exposé put on by Budden and guests Joell Ortiz, Nino Bless, Crooked I, and Royce Da 5’9”. At seven minutes long, do not attempt to devote any less than 21 minutes (three full listens for non-math majors) to this lyrical masterpiece; otherwise you might just miss the most impressive line spit.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.