Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. Whether or not there are as many anti-Joe Budden haters out there as the prolific New Jersey native seems to think there are, he continues to use that “me vs. the world” mentality as fuel for his lyrical fire, as seen on his new cut Downfall. Like the last few Budden tracks that have hit the internets (like R.I.P.), Downfall’s somber, epic beat was produced by frequent production collaborator J. Cardim, but unlike R.I.P. the track was originally intended to be on Budden’s upcoming album The Great Escape before clearance issues squashed that plan. However it got here, we’re now confronted with the prospect of unraveling more than seven minutes of deeply introspective, fearlessly dark microphone murder: “My nights dark but my days dark, covered in tattoos but I hate art.” So is Joey paranoid or dope, or both? You be the judge. The Great Escape, minus Downfall, will be released sometime in 2010…probably…hopefully.
Listen to More: Joe Budden
Written by Nathan S. on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.