While many Joe Budden fans are anticipating an amazing album from Slaughterhouse after their signing with Shady Records, some fans of his solo work may be happy with a recent leak from his unreleased vault. The record, entitled Ayo, was scratched from the album The Great Escape, but it’s not immediately clear why. Produced by Chris Loco, the song contains mellow long held synths complimented by a heavy bass and snare; it’s one of those songs that is perfect to cruise around to or relax with after a long day. While popular singer Emmany brings a catchy hook and a little soul, Joey comes in with a strong tone and at times appears to outright angry on the mic (what else is new?). With an aggressive delivery and heavy punch lines, it seems like the Jersey native might be trying a little too hard to get his points across, but as always no emcee says more in such a short time than Mr. Budden. Did he make the right move keeping Ayo off the album? We’ll just have to continue to wait for The Great Escape to know for sure.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.