While many Joe Budden fans are anticipating an amazing album from Slaughterhouse after their signing with Shady Records, some fans of his solo work may be happy with a recent leak from his unreleased vault. The record, entitled Ayo, was scratched from the album The Great Escape, but it’s not immediately clear why. Produced by Chris Loco, the song contains mellow long held synths complimented by a heavy bass and snare; it’s one of those songs that is perfect to cruise around to or relax with after a long day. While popular singer Emmany brings a catchy hook and a little soul, Joey comes in with a strong tone and at times appears to outright angry on the mic (what else is new?). With an aggressive delivery and heavy punch lines, it seems like the Jersey native might be trying a little too hard to get his points across, but as always no emcee says more in such a short time than Mr. Budden. Did he make the right move keeping Ayo off the album? We’ll just have to continue to wait for The Great Escape to know for sure.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.