While many Joe Budden fans are anticipating an amazing album from Slaughterhouse after their signing with Shady Records, some fans of his solo work may be happy with a recent leak from his unreleased vault. The record, entitled Ayo, was scratched from the album The Great Escape, but it’s not immediately clear why. Produced by Chris Loco, the song contains mellow long held synths complimented by a heavy bass and snare; it’s one of those songs that is perfect to cruise around to or relax with after a long day. While popular singer Emmany brings a catchy hook and a little soul, Joey comes in with a strong tone and at times appears to outright angry on the mic (what else is new?). With an aggressive delivery and heavy punch lines, it seems like the Jersey native might be trying a little too hard to get his points across, but as always no emcee says more in such a short time than Mr. Budden. Did he make the right move keeping Ayo off the album? We’ll just have to continue to wait for The Great Escape to know for sure.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.