While many Joe Budden fans are anticipating an amazing album from Slaughterhouse after their signing with Shady Records, some fans of his solo work may be happy with a recent leak from his unreleased vault. The record, entitled Ayo, was scratched from the album The Great Escape, but it’s not immediately clear why. Produced by Chris Loco, the song contains mellow long held synths complimented by a heavy bass and snare; it’s one of those songs that is perfect to cruise around to or relax with after a long day. While popular singer Emmany brings a catchy hook and a little soul, Joey comes in with a strong tone and at times appears to outright angry on the mic (what else is new?). With an aggressive delivery and heavy punch lines, it seems like the Jersey native might be trying a little too hard to get his points across, but as always no emcee says more in such a short time than Mr. Budden. Did he make the right move keeping Ayo off the album? We’ll just have to continue to wait for The Great Escape to know for sure.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.