While many Joe Budden fans are anticipating an amazing album from Slaughterhouse after their signing with Shady Records, some fans of his solo work may be happy with a recent leak from his unreleased vault. The record, entitled Ayo, was scratched from the album The Great Escape, but it’s not immediately clear why. Produced by Chris Loco, the song contains mellow long held synths complimented by a heavy bass and snare; it’s one of those songs that is perfect to cruise around to or relax with after a long day. While popular singer Emmany brings a catchy hook and a little soul, Joey comes in with a strong tone and at times appears to outright angry on the mic (what else is new?). With an aggressive delivery and heavy punch lines, it seems like the Jersey native might be trying a little too hard to get his points across, but as always no emcee says more in such a short time than Mr. Budden. Did he make the right move keeping Ayo off the album? We’ll just have to continue to wait for The Great Escape to know for sure.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.