After his planned sophomore album, The Growth, had been repeatedly delayed (and eventually shelved) since 2004, Joe Budden finally got released from his contract with Def Jam earlier this fall. Enjoying his newly-independent status, Budden prepares to release the third installment in his critically-acclaimed Mood Muzik mixtape series, For Better or For Worse. Ready to switch it to a 5th Gear, Joe puts on a freestyle clinic in one seamless flow by moving smoothly from point to point without hesitation. A bonus beat making lesson is given by WMS the Sultan as his synth-horn production sounds exactly like Just Blaze (circa the Dynasty years). The long-awaited Mood Muzik 3 is set to hit the streets sometime between mid-December and early January.
Written by Burmy on 12/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.