After his planned sophomore album, The Growth, had been repeatedly delayed (and eventually shelved) since 2004, Joe Budden finally got released from his contract with Def Jam earlier this fall. Enjoying his newly-independent status, Budden prepares to release the third installment in his critically-acclaimed Mood Muzik mixtape series, For Better or For Worse. Ready to switch it to a 5th Gear, Joe puts on a freestyle clinic in one seamless flow by moving smoothly from point to point without hesitation. A bonus beat making lesson is given by WMS the Sultan as his synth-horn production sounds exactly like Just Blaze (circa the Dynasty years). The long-awaited Mood Muzik 3 is set to hit the streets sometime between mid-December and early January.
Written by Burmy on 12/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.